Your Scottsdale Naturopathic Physician
Dr. Collins is a board-certified naturopathic physician and a member of both the American Academy of Aesthetic Medicine and the Arizona Naturopathic Medical Association. A practicing physician for ten years, Dr. Collins finds great satisfaction in helping patients achieve optimal health and find their most beautiful selves in the process.
Anti-aging medicine has been a long-time focus for Dr. Collins and her skilled injection techniques bring natural results that are satisfying and aesthetically pleasing. Dr. Collins is a master injector and artist with the face, and her advanced experience with all injectables will deliver results that reinforce the inner and outer beauty that each of her patients holds.
“Treating the whole person” helps guide Dr. Collins to the perfect treatment plan for each individual and delivers enhanced radiance, vitality, and wellness with every visit. She appreciates her opportunity to connect with every patient and her drive to provide uplifting compassionate care is the most important component of her medical practice.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a form of Chinese medicine that has been used for centuries to unblock energy in the body while encouraging balance so healing can occur.
Acupuncture benefits a variety of conditions:
- supports and strengthens the body before surgical procedures
- reduces pain and discomfort anywhere in the body
- diminishes frequency and severity of headaches and migraines
- reduces stress and calms anxiety
- addresses infertility and improves ability to conceive
- improves mood and overall sense of wellbeing
- heals digestive disturbances- constipation, diarrhea, IBS, bloating
- strengthens immune system to reduce respiratory infections
- reduces severity of asthma and allergies
- promotes peaceful sleep
- encourages a healthy weight
- reduces severity of menopause symptoms
- increases energy and vitality
What is cosmetic acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a new approach for anti-aging that is a safe, natural complement to botox, fillers and surgical procedures. It is a unique and holistic treatment using hair-thin needles that keeps your face youthful while enhancing beauty.
Cosmetic acupuncture offers many benefits:
- provides longer lasting effects for surgical procedures, botox, and fillers
- reduces fine lines/wrinkles at nasolabial folds, crow’s feet and forehead
- improves texture of skin and increases elasticity
- lifts and smoothes sagging skin of face and neck
- minimizes bags under the eyes and brightens the eyes
- activates collagen production
What is environmental medicine?
Environmental medicine is an approach to healthcare that seeks to reduce the harmful effects that toxins and contaminants have on the body. It encourages the body to be vibrant and healthy and supported through natural means while promoting detoxification, cleansing and youthfulness.
Environmental medicine offers many benefits:
- promotes anti-aging and wellness
- increases energy and vitality
- encourages restful sleep
- increases body’s ability to fight infections
- heals candida overgrowth
- supports a healthy weight
- may slow or reverse some chronic illnesses
- improves athletic performance
What is thyroid/adrenal support?
The thyroid and adrenal glands are closely connected in the body and must both be supported to address many common health problems that ail many of us. Treating the whole person is necessary to support these glands that govern some of the most important metabolic processes that regulate hormone production.
Conditions that benefit from thyroid/adrenal support:
- stress and burnout
- fatigue and low energy
- difficulty losing weight
- mental fogginess/forgetfulness
- poor sleep
- blood sugar imbalances
- premature aging
- inflammation anywhere in the body
- low libido
- blood pressure issues
- lowered immune function
- balanced male/female hormone production
Medically Supervised Weight Loss
What is medically-supervised weight loss?
Medically-supervised weight loss is a safe weight loss program monitored by a physician that treats the whole person and is individualized to best suit your slim down needs. You will learn healthy eating habits and be supported in making lifestyle changes that will foster success. Baseline labs are drawn, a complete physical examination given, and appetite suppressant (prescription or natural) is selected based on the patient’s physical and history. You will be supported every step of the way and success is guaranteed if you follow the plan. B12/MIC injections are also included weekly and will boost energy naturally and encourage fat metabolism.
Medically-supervised weight loss offers many benefits:
- extremely safe program that is overseen by a physician with many years of experience in the weight loss arena
- you will become educated on how to have balance in your life; make healthy choices, but have fun, too
- lose weight at a pace that will promote keeping the weight off permanently
- have more energy, confidence, and vitality
- feel and look better in clothes
- reduce risk of diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol
What are nutritional IVs?
Nutritional IVs administer vitamins, minerals, and nutrients into the bloodstream through an IV drip. This allows for excellent absorption and is an extremely safe way to naturally support the body to achieve optimal health. The treatment usually lasts about 45 minutes.
Nutritional IVs benefit a variety of conditions:
- INCREASED ENERGY
- boost immune system to fight infections; at the onset of cold/flu, nutritional IVs will often stop the infection immediately
- helps the body detoxify
- relieves symptoms of fibromyalgia
- supports athletic endurance
- reduces migraine severity and frequency
- diminishes symptoms of PMS
- promotes restful sleep
Hormone Balancing Therapy
What is Hormone Balancing Therapy?
Hormone balancing therapy uses male or female hormones to help alleviate symptoms associated with aging and stress and promote balance and wellbeing. Baseline hormone levels are assessed to determine the most appropriate means for supporting the body naturally.
Hormone balancing therapy benefits a variety of conditions:
- improves energy
- helps achieve a healthy weight
- promotes sound sleep
- increases lean muscle mass
- improves libido
- prevents breast and prostate cancers
- decreases hot flashes in females
- improves oxygen intake in the tissues
- improves sperm count in males
- stabilizes blood sugar
Food Allergy/Sensitivity Testing
What is Food Allergy/Sensitivity Testing?
Food allergy/sensitivity testing is a means of detecting the body’s abnormal response to certain foods which can lead to a myriad of unpleasant symptoms. Often, when a person has strong cravings to a food, there is some component of sensitivity that is making the person feel unwell. Finding out which foods are causing havoc in your body is the key to improving overall vitality and minimizing common health complaints.
Food allergy/sensitivity testing can improve a variety of conditions:
- low energy
- inability to lose weight
- skin problems – acne, psoriasis, eczema, allergic dermatitis, hives
- frequent respiratory/sinus infections
What is Botox?
Botox is a purified protein that is administered to certain areas of the face to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Botox blocks a substance called acetylcholine in the muscle receptors so the muscles can’t contract. The result is smoothness of lines and wrinkles of the face and an inability to make the lines deeper with certain facial expressions. The effect wears off slowly until the next treatment is needed.
Botox has a variety of benefits:
- forehead lines are smooth
- crow’s feet around the eyes soften
- “11’s” lines disappear between the eyes
- TMJ improves
- migraine severity diminishes or goes away completely
- platysmal bands in neck soften making neck appear smoother and softer
- excessive sweating is reduced
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectables used to soften lines and wrinkles, add volume to the face, improve the appearance of scars, plump thin lips, and soften contours. Dr. Collins prefers hyaluronic acid fillers because they are so compatible with the human body and are very natural. Fillers last anywhere from 9 months to 2 years, depending on a person’s metabolism and the product used and have an added effect of stimulating the body to produce collagen.
Why is sleep so important?
Most of us don’t get enough sleep. There are numerous benefits, though, to allowing your body the time to rest and repair. Since growth hormone is released during sleep, the body can rejuvenate and destroy free radicals, slowing down the aging process.
Treatment to support healthy sleep habits:
- Create exercise plan
- Support healthy blood sugar levels
- Focus on sleep hygiene
- Reduce stress and calm anxiety
- Add in supplementation to promote restful sleep
- Hormone testing
- Sleep Study if necessary
How can we support good heart health?
Evaluating lifestyle is the most important measure a physician can take when promoting a healthy heart. Food choices, activity level, nutrient support, and weight loss are crucial to ensuring your heart will be strong for decades to come.
Treatment to support a healthy heart:
- Obtain lab work
- Reduce daily stress
- Avoid smoking
- Minimize alcohol intake
- Create exercise plan
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Focus on healthy diet
- Supplementation as needed
What are B12/MIC injections?
Vitamin B12, coupled with MIC, has been extremely popular with helping to reduce stress, increase energy, and help maintain a healthy body weight. MIC stands for Methionine, Inositol, and Choline and helps to boost fat metabolism so you can feel leaner and stronger. Other beneficial effects of B12 are promoting skin integrity, excellent vision, improving focus, and supporting a healthy heart. Many patients will see their healthcare provider weekly for a B12/MIC energy/fat burning boost which will carry them through the week feeling great.