Breast augmentation continues to be the most common plastic surgery procedure in the U.S. Because of this the frequency of patients that decide to revise their breast augmentation is also common.
Women who decide to have breast implant revision may do so for a variety of different reasons including:
- implant size too big or too small or asymmetric
- breast implant pocket asymmetry
- capsule contracture
- desire for different type of implant
- request for a new implant
There are a variety of terms for the various types of breast implant revision surgeries including:
- implant exchange
- implant removal/explantation
- capsulectomy (removal of capsule)
- capsulloraphy (repair of capsule)
In addition to these individual implant revision procedures, some patients also require or benefit from breast tissue shaping procedures such as:
- breast reduction
- breast lift
- breast fat transfer
The combination of all of these procedures allows modification and improvement of just about every kind of breast shape issue.
During your consultation, we will discuss your prior breast augmentation history, breast health history, goals for breast revision surgery, as well as your options and plan of breast revision surgery.